Perhaps your 40th birthday smacked you square in the double chin and you realized it was time to send that extra cellulite packing. No doubt the pounds have created a good deal of self-loathing. And, they are probably devoted to hanging on for dear life to your thighs. Since weight loss and getting healthy is always a challenge, we wanted to offer you some suggestions for getting into the swing of good health and blogging about it.
If you are like a lot of other people, chances are you went straight to the computer or mobile device to devise a plan. Maybe you even considered blogging about your weight loss journey. Given the influx of money making opportunities online, it would make sense to consider starting your own health based site. However, you will need the help of Advertise World if you decide to go that route. This is because 40% of people are using programs that block ads (which is where the money is for bloggers). But, Advertise World is the “first in unblockable ads.” That will help you monetize your new health-focused blog.
Start-Ups that Did Just That
You won’t be the first person to deicide that your fitness goals need to be chronicled. In fact, many of the health-related start-ups on this list came from people just like you. And, if you pay close attention to their sites and designs, you might get some great ideas for creating your own. These are our favorite fitness and health based start-ups:
- Strava- This site was created by and for athletes. Participants can compare their accomplishments to those of other people actively engaged in the same sports. The company gives its employees five weeks of vacation too, just in case you want to change careers.
- MindBodyGreen– If you are looking for a site to get blog ideas from, this is the one for you. Every day they provide dozens of new pieces on all the trending topics related to fitness and health. You can learn about things like chlorophyll, and how to see beauty in the mirror.
- Fitocracy- This one is actually the brain child of a couple of gamers. They thought it would be cool if they could make getting in shape as much fun as sitting on their rears playing video games. What they created, was a workout tracker and a fitness platform for social benefit.
- Greatist– Maybe the name kind of gives away the fact that this site is a tremendous place to get all your health and wellness needs. They focus on ensuring that their readers realize it’s a daily process of making healthier life choices. Learn more.
- Healthguru- We included this one because some people are too lazy to read. That means you might want to consider adding the occasional video to your site once you choose to move forward on the idea. This site is the go to for health videos online.
- EmpowHer– The basis for their site is to give women the empowerment to live healthy, and change their lives for the better. They boast one of the largest content libraries online when it comes to women’s health. And, they promise to respond to readers within 24 hours. Check them out here.
If these sites don’t provide you with enough ideas, or inspiration, you can always read more about the best start-ups in this genre.